Avocados are known as 'pears' on the English-speaking caribbean islands and often eaten mashed between two slices of bread. This practice came about because avocado was used as a substitute for butter in the old days before refrigeration.
• -2 small avocados or one large caribbean avocado, halvedand smashed
• -1 large tomato, de-seeded and chopped
• -1 onion, finely diced
• -1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice (lemon can be substituted)
• -2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
• -1 tep Iguana Red Cayenne Pepper Suace
• - Salt and pepper to taste
Scoop the flesh of the avocados into a bowl. Add all the other ingredients and mix together ( allow the avocado flesh to remain a little chunky.) Keep chilled until ready to serve. Serve with plantain chips or Tostones (fried green plantain slices)
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.