Cold soups are not very popular in the Caribbean, but you might incounter them in fancy restaurants or dinning in a local home. This soup is a must try because it is cooling, delicious, and easy to make. Cucumbers are available everywhere in the Caribbean.
• 2 cucumber, deseeded and pealed(leave half the skin on one for a little colour)
• 2 cups chicken stock
• 1/2 onion, chopped
• 1 cup natural yogurt, plus extra to serve
• 1/2 cup fresh white breadcrumbs or 2 slices of white bread
• tablespoon Iguana XXX Habanero Pepper Sauce
• salt and white pepper to taste
• a dash of dry sherry, to serve fresh mint leaves, to garnish
Blend all the ingredients in food processor until it has the consistency of a gazpacho(creamy chunck). Chill the soup in the freezer for about 30 minutes, so that it is almost icy when served, while you chill yourself with a cold Red Stripe and some Bob Marley CDs. Add the sherry. You can top with a swirl of yogurt and a mint leaf.
Yield: 4 servings Heat Level: Mild
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.